Friday, November 25, 2011

Happy Thanksgiving!

Thanksgiving has always been one of my favorite holidays. Full of family and LOTS of yummy food.  But this year was different. This was the first year in my whole life I've ever not been with my family for a holiday. But I wouldn't have traded this experience for anything. 
I spent it in London with my new family.
Wednesday was a busy day filled with homework and preparing for Thursday. We had a sign up sheet and everyone took turns helping to make the pies. Me, Alyssa, and Maggie went in that night and broke the bread for the stuffing.
There was a total of Twenty-three.
All home made.
Thanksgiving day!
That morning instead of the traditional turkey bowl.
We did it London style and had a football match.
I scored a goal. No big deal.
I helped cook and get things ready up until the meal which was quite the task. Dinner for 55 people. So much food!
Good old John cutting the turkey!
Real food never tasted so good after all the terrible food we get served at the centre every night.
So glad Peter and John said they would cook it.

This year I'm thankful for:

  • My amazing parents who have supported me through this whole experience and made it possible.
  • My brothers who I miss dearly everyday and the friendships I share with them.
  • London and the things I have learned everyday about myself and the amazing world we live in.
  • The opportunity to travel the world and see new things.
  • The gospel and everything it brings to my life and the members of the Mitcham ward who teach me how great the church is and how it's true no matter where you go.
  • My new 9 best friends from London.
  • All the girls I live with and learn patience and new point of views.
  • Skype to keep me in touch with my family and friends back home.
  • My friends back home who keep me feeling loved from a whole other country.
  • The love i have for London and my new home I have created.

This was a Thanksgiving to remember.

No comments:

Post a Comment