Monday, November 14, 2011

Museums, Museums, Museums. Day Four.

The Louvre
Early Morning start at the Louvre super excited to see the Mona Lisa and the rest the legendary museum had to offer. 
Little did I know what I was getting myself into.
We booked it too the Mona Lisa first so we could get a look at it before the huge crowds of the day started to pile in. I'd heard she was small. But she really is tiny and compared to the huge amazing paintings that surround her such as 
The Wedding Feast at Cana.
Three hours and way too much ground to cover.
Me and Stephanie wanted to see as much as we could so we set off to see all the main famous ones the Louvre held.
It was a work out getting around the huge museum.
I thought this was so cool! People could come and set up and paint the paintings. The artist were so good! But I felt bad for them because the Asians would usually be swarming around them taking a million pictures.
Only an hour later and the Mona Lisa crowd had formed.
The Louvre is one of my favorite museums we have been too so far. I want to go back and spend more time there, 
three hours wasn't enough. 
There are so many amazing works of art around every corner. 
This picture couldn't have captured how we felt after any better.
Musée de l'Orangerie
This museum was nice and refreshing, after the hugeness of the Louvre, its four room filled with Monet, Van Gogh, and Renoir seemed so nice and simple. Three of my favorite artist.
Me and Laurel in our cute french outfits.
[Me and Allie]
This was the richest, thickest hot chocolate I have ever tasted.
It was seriously like drinking chocolate soup. 
SO GOOD.
Centre Pompidou
Contemporary museums are always a good time. 
Especially after a full day of really good serious art its fun to walk around and see so called "art" people have created.
This was one of our favs.
Eiffel Tower
It wouldn't be Paris waiting in line if it didn't rain!
But it actually worked out to our advantage because not that many people were there so the line was short. 
Thank you mother nature.
Depending on what side you were on it was either 
really windy and rainy or totally calm. 
It was so gorgeous up there. I loved it!
[Maggie, Alyssa, & Me]
I love Laur Laur.
The Eiffel Tower was by far my favorite part of Paris. It was the one thing that I was so sad to leave. Well besides the crepes and baguettes. Something about the city lights at night gives me so much energy and excitement. I could have stayed up there for hours just looking out over the beautiful city. It doesn't look so dirty from way up high haha. 
J'adore Paris!

No comments:

Post a Comment